The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on the weekly concepts learned in the course.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- CO1: Integrate evidence-based and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 1,4)
- CO2: Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve health outcome. (PO 1, 2)
- CO3: Demonstrate professional and personal growth through a spirit of inquiry, scholarship, and service in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 3, 4)
- CO4: Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 5)
- CO5: Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advance holistic care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 2, 5)
Due Date: Assignment should be submitted to the Week 8 Reflection on Learning Weeks 1-8 dropbox in the Reflect area of Week 8 by Saturday 11:59 p.m. MST at the end of Week 8.
The course ends on Saturday of Week 8. There is no late submission allowed for this assignment.
Total Points Possible: 15
- Document includes reflections from all weeks 1-8: To complete the assignment, students will need to copy the reflections they entered into the weekly reflection threads from weeks 1-8 into one double-spaced Word document and submit the document to the dropbox.
- Formatting: Document should be in APA format
- Includes a title page in APA format
- Document is double spaced
- Each week’s reflection is labeled with a level 1 heading listing the week number
- Only include a reference page if references were cited in the body of the reflections. If a reference page is included, it is in APA format.
Week 8 Reflection
Write 1-2 paragraphs reflecting on your learning for the week and add to your reflection document. Guiding questions are provided or you may write about what you felt was most significant to you for the week.
- What is your personal plan to promote lifelong personal and professional growth in the use of evidence-based practice?
- Do you have any plans to disseminate the information you found to support your project in this course?
|Document includes reflections from all weeks 1-8||10||67%||Includes reflections from all weeks 1-8|
|Total CONTENT Points= 10 points|
|Total FORMAT Points= 5 points|
|ASSIGNMENT TOTAL=15 points|
Reflection on Learning
I work in the emergency department. Since this department is a place of high activity, we are expected to be up to date with the latest research. I have use EBP by using care technologies that not only respond quickly to emergencies but also improve patient outcomes. I also apply EBP to administer a comprehensive assessment on a patient. The factors that support EBP are adequate resources such as the internet, a library, and the organization’s forum space. My area of practice demands the application of EBP. One of the barriers to EBP I see is understaffing. Due to this, we are unable to dedicate enough time to research. As a nurse practitioner, my role in research will be in technology and treatment options. I recognize the magnitude of technology in care and I choose to embrace it. Additionally, due to my area of specialty, research in treatment options will increase my options during patient encounters.
While developing my PICOT question I encountered a challenge in selecting the nursing unit that is mostly affected by understaffing and are unable to achieve work-life balance. I understand that all nurses are affected by this issue but I was unsure whether or not to generalize the population. I decided to narrow it down to Intensive Care Unit nurses. I also found a challenge in estimating the duration of time that is appropriate for the initiative to be evaluated. I researched and found out that most projects have a minimum of three months before they are evaluated.
I would apply my knowledge of PICOT question development in several ways. First,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Kindly click the icon below to purchase the full sample at only $10